As quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has now become an integarl part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. As highlighted in the UGC Guidelines,
The goals of IQAC shall be:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the HEIs; and
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalisation of quality culture and institutionalisation of best practices.
The functions of IQAC shall be:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.